Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Do You Bleed Green and Gold?

Sometimes I forget that I live in the South.  Yes, Huntsville is a melting pot of engineers and professionals from all over the country. And you can readily find just about anything you'd want right here in the city.  But, you don't have to go very far to be reminded that you're definintely in Alabama.   This past Friday was Tractor Day at one of the local county high schools.  Tractor Day is a really big deal because you get to drive your tractor to school, ride with pride in the all-school tractor parade, and then feast on delicacies like biscuits and gravy.  

This year over 43 tractors showed up for Tractor Day.  And I couldn't help but laugh as I heard this entire spectacle unfold on the radio.  I have a soft spot in my heart for the one kid who couldn't help but take the riding lawn mower to school for Tractor Day.  That's the County version of a poser. Then again, maybe not so much if it was a John Deere.  We can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment